//[[p6631|Penny Black's 'Mimi's Christmas']] is a fun set of clear stamps that can be used to make a fantastic variety of cards. We have used it to make a whole set of cards to give you some Christmas ideas. You can see the others at the bottom of this project.//
This cute card can be adapted for different uses besides Christmas by changing the message.
*[[p6631|Penny Black 'Mimi's Christmas' clear stamp set]]
*[[p6581|Memento large ink pad, Tuxedo Black]]
*[[s407|ProMarker pens]] in your choice of colours (to colour the image)
*[[p6774|White]] and [[6794|lilac card]]
*[[p6736|White A6 card blank]]
*[[p1979|All purpose glue]]
*[[p529|Diamond glitter glue]]
*[[p5062|Double sided tape]]
*[[p538|Mini mounting pads]]
*[[p1314|Lilac square brads]]
*[[p4179|Lilac ink pad]]
We also used a [[p4689|heat gun]], a pair of scissors and a [[p3379|paper trimmer]].
1. Stamp the image onto a piece of the white card and heat set with a heat gun (this prevents the ink from smudging when colouring in with ProMarkers).
2. Colour in the image with ProMarkers. We used a lilac colour for her dress, to match the lilac stripes!
3. The next step is to make the stripey background. First you will need a piece of white card and a piece of lilac card that will fit neatly onto the front of your card blank. It is really important that the two pieces are the same size, so we cut them together on the trimmer. Holding the two pieces of card together, one on top of the other, use the trimmer to cut the pieces of card into 5 zig zag stripes. After each cut, put the cut pieces back into place so you know roughly where you need to make the next cut.
4. When you've finished cutting, separate the pieces out into their separate colours. You should now have two sets of pieces, one in lilac and one in white. You can now use the two sets to create a zig zag background, by alternating the colours of the pieces. Glue the pieces onto the front of your card blank until you've covered it. Make sure each piece is pushed right up to the next one so there are no gaps and that you have a straight edge at the top and bottom of the card blank.
5. Now for the message strip. Take another two pieces of lilac and white card and, holding them one on top of the other as before, cut a widening strip using a trimmer. Holding the white card on top, slide the white card along so you get a strip of white card with a lilac edge. Glue the two pieces of card in place and use two square lilac brads to fix it onto the card blank. Use a pair of scissors to trim the "wings" of each brad so they don't stick out from behind the card blank. Add diamond glitter glue to the top of each brad to give it some sparkle.
6. Using lilac ink, stamp 'Merry everything' in the centre of the white strip, making sure that the writing is horizontal.
7. Cut around the stamped angel and stick this onto the card blank using mini mounting pads.
8. Now for the finishing touch. Use the diamond glitter glue to draw some very simple stars onto the stripey background. We also added some to the angel's wings, dress and her halo and star.
For more Christmas ideas, click on the pictures below to see the other cards we made using this stamp set:
[[image:thankyousmall.jpg|left|link:Mimi Mini Card]][[image:xmastreesmall.jpg|left|link:Mimi Christmas Tree Card]] [[image:penguinssmall.jpg|left|link:Penguin Parade Card]] [[image:sledgingsmall.jpg|left|link:Sledging Fun Card]]