Ring and Rosebud Wedding Invitation
This very sophisticated invitation features a black and white photo of a pair of wedding rings. A single burgundy rosebud adds a splash of colour.
Approximate cost per card : £0.88
(based on making 48 cards)
Materials and Tools
- Rings Foto Finesse Topper
- A6 Linen White Card
- Textured Card in Black
- Silver Mirri Card
- Burgundy Rosebud
- Double Sided Tape
- Didi Glue Dots
- Trimmer (recommended) or scissors
1. The first step is to make the layers for the ring photograph. First, cut out one of the "rings" toppers. Next, cut out a piece of the black textured card which measures 6.5cm x 6.5cm (basically, a little bigger than the "rings" picture) and stick the "rings" topper centrally onto it, using double sided tape. Now we need to repeat this process again, only this time use a piece of silver mirri card measuring 6.7x6.7cm (a little bigger again), and stick the topper onto it using double sided tape. The final layer is done in the same way - cut a rectangle of the black card measuring 7.2cm x 7.2cm and stick the silver mirri card centrally it. The topper is now finished!
Tip: It is much easier to get a neat and accurate cut for the toppers if you use a trimmer instead of scissors.
2. The next step is to print "Wedding" onto the card blank. We have used an inkjet printer to do this. Do test out your wording on a piece of A5 paper first, so you can work out which way up the card blank needs to go and if you need to make any adjustments to the position before printing onto the card blank! Simply position the text in your word processor and choose a suitable font.
3. Position the ring topper on the card and when you are happy with the position, stick it down with some double sided tape.
4. The last finishing touch is to add the rosebud. Take a rosebud and carefully straighten out the stem, curving it slightly as you do so. Place the red part of the bud onto a Didi glue dot and lift it off (so the glue dot is now attached to the flower). Repeat this on the green sepals, so you now have two glue dots on the underside of the rosebud. Position this onto the ring topper and stick down. You may need to trim the end of the rosebud stem.
Congratulations! Your invitation is finished!
If, in step 1, you use Plum textured card for the 6.5cm x 6.5cm square and Lavender for the 7.2cm x 7.2cm square, you can create a very different look. We have added four lilac Swarovski flat backed gems, one in each corner, stuck down with a Sakura Quickie glue pen to add a touch of glitz! We have stuck the topper onto a square linen card blank.
American Crafts Textured Cardstock, 12" x 12", Black
A sheet of Black coloured 12x12 card. Each sheet is a good heavy weight (216gsm/80lb) and has a linen weave texture on one side (smooth on the other side, to give you more variety in your projects). The card has a solid colour core, which means the colour remains the same all the way through the sheet. Acid and lignin free.
Bunch of 12 Rosebuds (Claret)
A bunch of 12 claret coloured rosebuds, made from paper with green wire covered stems.
Glue Dots Didi
A box of 200 didi glue dots. These acid free non-toxic glue dots are a permanent double sided adhesive. They are great for sticking small items.
A selection of rosebuds and flat roses in a variety of colours.
Textured Card 12"x12"
The perfect backdrop to any craft project, this is heavy weight, high quality cardstock in the funkiest colours, the coolest finishes and the best textures, by American Crafts. Measures 12x12" (about 30x30cm).
- Happy Mother's Day Card
- 5 Minute Valentine's Card
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 2 - Selling Your Cards
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 1 - Creating Your Cards
- How to Emboss
- Quick and Easy Christmas Cards
- 5 Fun Ways to Colour Your Rubber Stamps
- Mimi Christmas Tree Card
- Angelic Mimi Card
- Mimi Mini Card
- Penguin Parade Card
- Sledging Fun Card
- Faithful Friend Card
- "Fabulous Birthday" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Birthday Wishes" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Hugs to You" Wild Rose Studio Card
- Snazzy 40th Birthday Card
- Father's Day 'Don't Stop Digging'
- Shrink Plastic Ducklings Card
- Glittered Flowers Card
- Train Birthday Card
- A Luxury Laura Ashley Card for Mum
- Unique Decorated Wedding Favour Boxes
- Ribbon Rosebud Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift Box
- Pink Butterfly Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift or Favour Box
- Pyramid Decoupage Card
- You're Always There For Me
- Twinkling Fairy Cards
- Cat Birthday Card
- Rosebud Wedding Invitation