Pyramid Decoupage Card
This card has a real 'Wow!' factor... the Dufex finish catches the light and highlights the 3D pyramid effect.
- Dufex Pyramex Decoupage, Blossoms
- Textured Card (we used Black and Bubblegum)
- A white square card blank
- Foam Pads (Mini)
- All Purpose Glue
1. First we need to make the frame for the pyramid decoupage. Cut out a square of the black card measuring about 8.5cm (3 3/8") and a square of the pink card measuring about 9cm (3 1/2"). Glue the pink square centrally onto the black square, using an all purpose glue. Cut out a square of black card, measuring about 9.5cm (3 3/4") and glue the pink card centrally onto this.
2. The next step is to create the pyramid decoupage. Each of the layers has a number to tell you what order to position them in. Cut out each of the layers (it helps if you line them up on the table, in number order and the right way up). Stick down the first square (this is the largest one) flat onto the centre of your frame, using all purpose glue. Use mini mounting pads to stick the next layer on top of this. You need to try to keep the mini mounting pads slightly in from the edge of the square, so that they don't show too easily once the pyramid is finished. You can position each layer by following the lines on the picture.
3. Stick the completed topper centrally onto the centre of a square card blank, using all purpose glue. We have used a strong glue, as it needs to hold the weight of the topper.
Your card is finished!
American Crafts Textured Cardstock, 12" x 12", Black
A sheet of Black coloured 12x12 card. Each sheet is a good heavy weight (216gsm/80lb) and has a linen weave texture on one side (smooth on the other side, to give you more variety in your projects). The card has a solid colour core, which means the colour remains the same all the way through the sheet. Acid and lignin free.
American Crafts Textured Cardstock, 12" x 12", Bubblegum
A sheet of Bubblegum coloured 12x12 card. Each sheet is a good heavy weight (216gsm/80lb) and has a linen weave texture on one side (smooth on the other side, to give you more variety in your projects). The card has a solid colour core, which means the colour remains the same all the way through the sheet. Acid and lignin free.
Foam Pads (Mini)
Acid-free foam mini mounting pads that are about 2mm thick. The pack contains over 350 pads of about 5x5mm square.
Hi-Tack Original All Purpose Glue
This is a very sticky glue that dries clear and flexible. Perfect for all fabrics, paper, wood and trimmings. Safe and non-toxic.
Textured Card 12"x12"
The perfect backdrop to any craft project, this is heavy weight, high quality cardstock in the funkiest colours, the coolest finishes and the best textures, by American Crafts. Measures 12x12" (about 30x30cm).
- Happy Mother's Day Card
- 5 Minute Valentine's Card
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 2 - Selling Your Cards
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 1 - Creating Your Cards
- How to Emboss
- Quick and Easy Christmas Cards
- 5 Fun Ways to Colour Your Rubber Stamps
- Mimi Christmas Tree Card
- Angelic Mimi Card
- Mimi Mini Card
- Penguin Parade Card
- Sledging Fun Card
- Faithful Friend Card
- "Fabulous Birthday" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Birthday Wishes" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Hugs to You" Wild Rose Studio Card
- Snazzy 40th Birthday Card
- Father's Day 'Don't Stop Digging'
- Shrink Plastic Ducklings Card
- Glittered Flowers Card
- Train Birthday Card
- A Luxury Laura Ashley Card for Mum
- Unique Decorated Wedding Favour Boxes
- Ribbon Rosebud Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift Box
- Pink Butterfly Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift or Favour Box
- You're Always There For Me
- Twinkling Fairy Cards
- Cat Birthday Card
- Rosebud Wedding Invitation
- Script Rosebud Wedding Invitation and Place Card