- How do I order?
- Where do you ship?
- I have a discount voucher. How do I use it?
- When will my order get dispatched?
- How does Handy Hippo Deliver?
- What are your postage and packing charges?
- What payment methods does Handy Hippo accept?
- Terms and Conditions
- Returns Policy
- Recycling and the Environment
- Safe Shopping Guarantee
- Contacting Handy Hippo
How do I order?
Shopping is easy and secure at Handy Hippo. Just browse around the store and add the items you want to your shopping basket. When you are ready, click on one of the 'Checkout' buttons and enter your details into the form.
Finally, choose how you would like to pay - Handy Hippo lets you pay using almost any credit or debit card securely online.
We will send you an email to confirm your order details, and another one when your order is packed and sent out to you. You can also track the progress of your order from Your Account.
Where do you ship?
We ship internationally to most countries via insured bonded courier. international.
I have a discount voucher. How do I use it?
Using your discount voucher is easy. When you have finished shopping, edit your shopping basket and add your voucher in the box labeled "Discounts". Press the Add button and your basket total will be updated to show the discount.
If there was a problem, a message will let you know what was wrong with the voucher you entered.
When will my order get dispatched?
All orders placed before 2pm will be shipped the same day* during business hours Monday - Friday. All weekend orders will be shipped on Monday. You will get an email notification of shipment as soon as the warehouse has completed packing your order.
*Note, although we constantly strive to keep our inventory accurate, on rare occasions, we may be out of an item we thought we had. This may delay part of your order but we will let you know via email. On newsletter sale days and during the Christmas period, due to volume, it may take 24-72 hours to get your order out.
How does Handy Hippo Deliver?
Handy Hippo uses Parcelforce and Royal Mail to deliver orders.
Parcelforce is our next business day courier service if you order before 2PM.
We also ship smaller and lighter orders using Royal Mail's delivery service.
If part of your order is out of stock, we may dispatch the items that are in stock right away and send on the remaining items as soon as they are back in stock. You will not be charged any additional postage if we send your order in more than one part. If part of your order is likely to be out of stock for a while, we will contact you to give you the option of cancelling that part of your order.
Generally, if in stock, all orders will arrive within 1-3 business days, however we cannot guarantee delivery times and we cannot be held responsible for delays by the courier / postal service. Please allow up 10 business days on postal orders for delivery before contacting us.
What are your postage and packing charges?
Express next day delivery £4.95
- Express Delivery orders are sent by courier and normally arrive the next working day (Monday to Friday, not including public holidays). Order before 2pm Monday to Friday for same day dispatch. Orders placed after 2pm or at the weekend will be dispatched on the next working day. (Note that if you order after 2pm for Next Day Express on a Thursday, that is effectively a Friday order, and the order will not reach you until Monday, Tuesday for bank holidays). Remote locations including large areas of Scotland, Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland typically take a little longer. Please note that Express delivery will normally require a signature on delivery.
Priority 1-5 Working Days £2.95
- Priority Delivery normally arrive in 1 to 5 working days (Monday to Friday, not including public holidays). Orders are typically sent using Royal Mail first class, items over 2 kgs will be sent via Parcelforce. These items are prioritized and go out same day if ordered before 2pm.
Super-Saver 2-9 Working Days £1.49 or FREE
- Super Saver Delivery is FREE when you spend over £25 and only £1.49 on smaller orders. Orders are typically delivered in 2 to 9 working days. Orders placed with Super Saver Delivery are typically sent using Royal Mail post.
Incomplete orders and damaged goods
If your order arrives and some items are missing or damaged, then please contact us immediately and we will endeavour to resolve the problem. Please have your order number ready, as this will help us track your order more efficiently.
What payment methods does Handy Hippo accept?
We accept payment from Paypal and most popular credit and debit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, Maestro and Delta.
Can I pay online?
Yes! Our online payment system is handled by SagePay which uses all the latest technology to ensure your transaction is safe and secure. For maximum security we do not store any of your payment details.
Can I pay over the phone?
No, we no longer take orders over the phone. After seeing phone orders dwindle to less than 5 per day, we decided reducing our overheads and keeping our prices as low as possible was the best way to serve our customers.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions.
If you are not completely satisfied with any of our products, you can return them to us for a refund within 30 days of purchase.
Simply contact us for a Returns Number and send the goods back within 30 days of purchase. All goods and packaging must be in resalable condition. We will be able to refund you for the value of any goods returned to us. We do not charge a restocking fee however customers are responsible for any postage for returning unwanted goods (this doesn't include damaged or incorrect items see below).
If you have received damaged goods or the incorrect items in your order, we will either offer you a full refund or a replacement. We will also refund any postage costs you incur, if the error was ours. Damaged or faulty items must be reported within 30 days of purchase.
Handy Hippo makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We collect your name, address, phone number and e-mail address when you place an order. We need this information so we can complete your order and contact you if there is a query. This information is stored on our secure servers using established industry best practices.
We do not store your credit card details and we are in full audited compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All transactions are handled through Lloyd's TBS Cardnet and Sagepay, both industry leaders for secure online payment systems.
Recycling and the Environment
Everyone at Handy Hippo is concerned about the environment. We use several approaches to limit the resources we use and to recycle whatever we can...
- All the boxes that we purchase are 100% recyclable. Many of the boxes we use are made from 100% recycled material as well, but we try to ensure that all boxes are made from at least 75% recycled material. Please recycle your boxes if possible so that one day they might be made into new boxes that we can use.
- We receive many deliveries from suppliers and occasionally they will use expanded chips to help protect the goods in the delivery. So far these have all been the environmentally friendly bio-degradable ones that can be fully recycled. However, instead of throwing these away, we reuse them to help protect your orders. These are safe to compost.
- Any cardboard boxes and packaging that we receive from suppliers that cannot be reused is sent off to be recycled.
Safe Shopping Guarantee
We realise that some of our customers might be worried about using their credit cards on the internet. As a result of this, we offer the following guarantee...
Secure server software encrypts all your personal information, including name, address and credit card details before it leaves your computer. We make use of the highest quality encryption technology available (technically 256 bit SSL encryption). In addition to this, we do not store your credit card information.
In the unlikely event of someone making a purchase from Handy Hippo using your card without authorisation, most banks and card issuers will cover all the charges or limit your liability to just ? 50. If your Bank expects you to pay the first ? 50 of the claim, then we will reimburse you, provided that the unauthorised purchase was made through no fault of your own.
This guarantee only applies to purchases made using Handy Hippo's secure server.
All our payment processing is handled by SagePay, or PayPal.
Contacting Handy Hippo
You can contact us by sending an email to [protected]. During business hours our goal is to reply to all customer emails within one hour. On weekends, our goal is to reply to all customer emails within two hours.
Additional contact information can be found here.
Handy Hippo Ltd. Registered in England No. 05075212. VAT Number 838 9993 44
Registered address: Handy Hippo Ltd, 1 Hudson Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1BS