Try Rubber Stamping to make this Snowflake Card
This intricate and glitzy snowflake will brighten up anyone's mantelpiece during the festive season. This card can be made in stages, for those of you who need to mass produce Christmas cards, but never have a long enough slot of time to do it in one go!
Materials and Tools
- Snow Spindle Light Clear Stamp, Acrylic Block and Small 'Merry Wishes' Stamp
- Textured Card - Plum
- Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
- Ultra Fine Glitter - Indigo, Pale Blue and Spring Green
- Swarovski Flat Backed Gem - Blue
- Organza Ribbon - Lavender
- Brilliance Platinum Planet Ink Pad
- VersaMagic Chalk Dew Drop - Purple Hydrangea
- White Card Blank
- Tape and Mini Mounting Pads
- Scissors or a Trimmer
Approximate cost per card : £0.79
(based on making 50 cards)
1. First, we need to stamp our snowflake. It is a good idea to play around with the set of stamps, trying different centres and different spindles to see which combination you prefer. I have used the smallest snowflake and a fairly small and narrow spindle, to get the right sized snowflake for my card blank.
Stamp a small snowflake on the Plum card, in Platinum Planet ink, leaving enough space to stamp the spindles. Using the same ink, stamp a single spindle onto the end of each branch of the small snowflake. You can make the snowflake more intricate by stamping a small snowflake at the base of each spindle. For even more snow, stamp a small snowflake between each pair of spindles and leave to dry.
Handy Hint: If you are making lots of cards, it can help to draw construction lines on your acrylic block with a permanent pen. This can help you line things up more easily. Even though we suggest using permanent pen, you can still clean the ink off again when you are done using Stazon rubber stamp cleaner.
2. We now need to decorate the snowflake. Prepare to get covered in glitter...
Use a glue pen and the three colours of glitter to decorate your snowflake. If you can work quickly enough (before the glue dries), it helps to do all of the bits that are the same colour in one go. You need to be careful not to smudge your work, as the glitter will stick to any gluey patches! Leave this to dry. You can also add a blue Swarovski gem at the centre of the snowflake, again using the glue pen, for some extra sparkles.
3. The next step is to cut out the snowflake. I used a trimmer to do this, leaving about 4mm between the tips of the spindles and the edge of the card.
4. And now for the finishing touches... Cut a 19cm length of the lavender ribbon and use tape to fasten one end of it behind the front of the card blank, so that it is about 4.5cm from the bottom of the card. Tape the other end so that you have a horizontal line of ribbon going across the front of the card, and the ends hidden on the other side.
Stamp your Christmas message in the bottom right hand corner, in purple ink and leave to dry. Use mini mounting pads to raise your snowflake so that it goes over the ribbon, slightly to the left of the centre of the card.
Your card is finished!
A6 Bumper Pack of 50 Cards and Envelopes, White
A bumper pack of 50 A6 card blanks, including 50 white cards and 50 white envelopes.
American Crafts Textured Cardstock, 12" x 12", Plum
A sheet of plum coloured 12x12 card. Each sheet is a good heavy weight (216gsm/80lb) and has a linen weave texture on one side (smooth on the other side, to give you more variety in your projects). The card has a solid colour core, which means the colour remains the same all the way through the sheet. Acid and lignin free.
Brilliance Dew Drop, Platinum Planet
A silver grey pigment ink in a handy compact dew drop pad. Ideal for stamping onto paper, card and many glossy surfaces. Fast drying, archival quality, acid free, fade resistant, non-toxic and child safe.
Flat Back Swarovski Gems, 4mm (Light Blue)
Pack of Swarovski flat backed round light blue gems. Each gem is approximately 4mm in diameter, and we find the snazzy Sakura Quickie Glue Pen is ideal for sticking them down. Quantities are measured by volume and each pack contains roughly 45 gems.
Organza Ribbon, 7mm, Lavender
A reel of plain lavender organza ribbon. The ribbon is 7mm wide and there are 25 metres on a reel.
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
Tube of glue that you apply like a pen, in a handy ballpoint shaped barrel. It makes applying glue as easy as signing your name. The Quickie Glue Pen is ideal for any really detailed or fiddly work (such as sticking down Quickutz die cut shapes and letters or Swarovski flat backed gems).
Ultra Fine Glitter Spring Green
A 2g pot of spring green ultra fine glitter.
VersaMagic Chalk Dew Drops, Purple Hydrangea
An opaque purple pigment ink that dries to a permanent chalk-like powder finish, in a teardrop shaped ink pad. It can be used on paper, card, and many other surfaces and it is colour fast, light fast, acid free and archival.
Brilliance Dew Drops
A fabulous selection of pearlescent, metallic and primary ink pads in a handy compact size. Tsukineko Brilliance is a fast drying, archival and acid free pigment ink. Excellent for all paper and card, including vellums and photos.
Ho, ho, ho! Our collection of stamps with a festive theme are right here waiting for you.
Shimmering glitters - perfect for putting on the glitz. Many different colors, textures, types and sizes to choose from.
- Happy Mother's Day Card
- 5 Minute Valentine's Card
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 2 - Selling Your Cards
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 1 - Creating Your Cards
- How to Emboss
- Quick and Easy Christmas Cards
- 5 Fun Ways to Colour Your Rubber Stamps
- Mimi Christmas Tree Card
- Angelic Mimi Card
- Mimi Mini Card
- Penguin Parade Card
- Sledging Fun Card
- Faithful Friend Card
- "Fabulous Birthday" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Birthday Wishes" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Hugs to You" Wild Rose Studio Card
- Snazzy 40th Birthday Card
- Father's Day 'Don't Stop Digging'
- Shrink Plastic Ducklings Card
- Glittered Flowers Card
- Train Birthday Card
- A Luxury Laura Ashley Card for Mum
- Unique Decorated Wedding Favour Boxes
- Ribbon Rosebud Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift Box
- Pink Butterfly Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift or Favour Box
- Pyramid Decoupage Card
- You're Always There For Me
- Twinkling Fairy Cards
- Cat Birthday Card
- Rosebud Wedding Invitation