Love You Lots...
There is just so much you can do with stencils, and this card uses them to create a stunning embossed card for that special someone.
Materials and Tools
- Square white card blank
- Embossing Stencil, Heart Weave
- Embossing Stylus and Light Box
- VersaMagic Chalk Dew Drops, Pixie Dust
- White Card
- Corner Punch Rounder
1. The first thing to do when making this card is to emboss the heart design onto the card. Tape the stencil to a lightbox and then line up the card blank over the top. To make the design stick out of the front of the card, you will need to emboss the inside of the card. Position it just above the centre line, so there is room for the message at the bottom. When everything is firmly in place, use the embossing stylus to draw around the complete design. To check if you have done everything, try switching the lightbox off, as it is much easier to see which parts you have embossed already by doing this. Don't forget to go around the edge of the stencil as well, as this will frame the heart on the card really well.
2. Now we need to colour the heart. Remove everything from the lightbox and turn the card over so you are working on the front of the card. The design should be sticking up from the surface of the card now. Carefully position the stencil so that is slots back onto the design. This will allow you to colour the design, without getting ink on the rest of the card.
Using a finger dauber, dab the pink ink onto the design. We have create a soft effect on the example by only dabbing it lightly, but if you carry on you can get a much deeper colour. When everything is coloured evenly, remove the stencil and clean it.
3. The last part of this card is the message. We simply used a word processor on our PC to write the message in pink. This was then printed onto a sheet of card and trimmed to size using a pair of scissors. Round off the corners using a corner rounder punch or a pair of scissors. Finally we need to colour the edges. This is done by gently dabbing the edge of the card onto the ink pad we used earlier. Keep going until you have an even amount of ink around the edge and the effect has covered enough of the card.
4. Stick 3 or 4 mini mounting pads onto the back of the message and then position it carefully under the heart design to finish the card off.
A6 Bumper Pack of 50 Cards and Envelopes, White
A bumper pack of 50 A6 card blanks, including 50 white cards and 50 white envelopes.
Corner Punch Rounder
This corner punch will round off the corners of a page, card or photograph. The corner has a radius of about 4mm (3/16")
Embossing and Stylus Set
A set of 3 embossing tools with soft-grip handles. Each of the tools in the set has a nib at each end, giving a total of 6 different sized embossing tools. Use them with stencils for some stunning results.
Embossing Light Box
This great light box has been designed especially for stencil embossing. Just tape your stencil to the lightbox and position your paper or card over it before tracing out the stencil with an embossing tool. Includes a 15 watt bulb and features an On/Off switch.
Embossing Stencil, Heart Weave
This beautiful woven heart stencil is made by Dreamweaver from stainless steel. It is about 7cm (2 1/2") tall and can be used for embossing or colouring effects.
Finger daubers make it easy to apply chalk or ink to stencils. Simply pop them on your finger like a thimble, and rub the chalk/ink where you want it. Easy peasy.
VersaMagic Chalk Dew Drops, Pixie Dust
An opaque pink pigment ink that dries to a permanent chalk-like powder finish, in a teardrop shaped ink pad. It can be used on paper, card, and many other surfaces and it is colour fast, light fast, acid free and archival.
Miscellaneous Craft Tools
Embossing tools, including heat guns and brushes, plus a menagerie of other useful craft tools.
Romance / Wedding Stencils
When it comes to wedding invitations, only the best will do. We have a great range of wording and flourishes that are perfect for weddings, anniversaries, valentines and more.
VersaMagic Chalk Inks
This opaque pigment ink gives a permanent chalk like powder finish, even on dark papers. Colours range from soft pastels to earth tones and rich jewel shades. The compact dew drops, with both a round end and an elongated tip, are free standing, collectible & easy to use.
- Happy Mother's Day Card
- 5 Minute Valentine's Card
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 2 - Selling Your Cards
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 1 - Creating Your Cards
- How to Emboss
- Quick and Easy Christmas Cards
- 5 Fun Ways to Colour Your Rubber Stamps
- Mimi Christmas Tree Card
- Angelic Mimi Card
- Mimi Mini Card
- Penguin Parade Card
- Sledging Fun Card
- Faithful Friend Card
- "Fabulous Birthday" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Birthday Wishes" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Hugs to You" Wild Rose Studio Card
- Snazzy 40th Birthday Card
- Father's Day 'Don't Stop Digging'
- Shrink Plastic Ducklings Card
- Glittered Flowers Card
- Train Birthday Card
- A Luxury Laura Ashley Card for Mum
- Unique Decorated Wedding Favour Boxes
- Ribbon Rosebud Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift Box
- Pink Butterfly Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift or Favour Box
- Pyramid Decoupage Card
- You're Always There For Me
- Twinkling Fairy Cards
- Cat Birthday Card
- Rosebud Wedding Invitation