Happy Mother's Day Card
Let your mum know how special she is with this cute stamped card using Penny Black's 'Merci' rubber stamp and a spring-inspired pink, lilac and green colour scheme.
- Penny Black 'Merci' rubber stamp
- ProMarkers of your choice (for colouring the stamped image)
- White tall DL card blank
- Baby pink pearlescent paper
- Purple pearlescent paper
- Baby pink 7mm organza ribbon
- Light pink self-adhesive pearls, 5mm
- Martha Stewart Deep Edge Punch, Floral Vine (any other edge punch would be fine)
- Purple glitter gel pen
- Memento Dew Drop ink pad, Angel Pink
- Plain white card tag
You'll also need some all-purpose glue (we used a glue stick), and some scissors or a trimmer.
1. Carefully stamp your image onto the card blank, roughly in the centre.
2. Colour in the cat with ProMarkers in your choice of colours. In our example we have used a mix of pink, purple and yellow for the flowers, orange and yellow for the cat, and green for the flower stems and patch of grass we've added beneath the cat.
3. Cut a strip of the pearlescent pink paper approximately 4cm x 10cm and glue it along the top of the card.
4. Cut a strip of the pearlescent purple paper approximately 6.5cm x 10cm and glue it along the bottom of the card.
5. Take the rest of the pearlescent purple sheet and cut out a strip about 10cm x 3.5cm. Punch along one edge to create a decorative border, then glue it onto the pink paper at the top of the card.
6. Take the pearlescent pink sheet and cut out a strip about 10cm x 6cm. Punch along one edge, then turn it round and do the same with the opposite edge, leaving you with a border strip that has a decorative edge both sides. Stick this on the purple paper at the bottom of the card.
7. Cut two 10cm lengths of the ribbon and stick one just above the bottom border, and one just below the top border.
8. Tie two small bows with the rest of the ribbon, cutting the ends neatly, and stick one in the centre of the ribbon strip at the bottom. Glue pink pearls at both ends of the ribbon.
9. Take your card tag and, holding the Angel Pink ink pad, dab the ink all over the surface of the tag to create a dappled, chalk-like effect. When dry, write "Happy Mother's Day" over this with the purple glitter pen.
10. Glue the "tie" end of the tag to the centre of the ribbon strip at the top, glue the other ribbon bow on top, and stick a pearl at both ends of the ribbon strip. And you're done!
Designed by Tanya Sims
Martha Stewart Deep Edge Punch, Floral Vine
Punch for cutting out an intricate flower border on your paper or card. Simply punch along in a repeated pattern, using the guide on the punch to help you align it. The finished border will be approximately 3cm (1 1/4") deep.
Organza Ribbon, 7mm, Baby Pink
A reel of plain baby pink organza ribbon. The ribbon is 7mm wide and there are 25 metres on a reel.
Penny Black Rubber Stamp, Merci
Saying "Thank You" is easy with this cute round cat. The cat looks very proud of the bunch of flowers they have to offer. The image is about 5cm (2") across.
- 5 Minute Valentine's Card
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 2 - Selling Your Cards
- Making Cards to Sell: Part 1 - Creating Your Cards
- How to Emboss
- Quick and Easy Christmas Cards
- 5 Fun Ways to Colour Your Rubber Stamps
- Mimi Christmas Tree Card
- Angelic Mimi Card
- Mimi Mini Card
- Penguin Parade Card
- Sledging Fun Card
- Faithful Friend Card
- "Fabulous Birthday" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Birthday Wishes" Wild Rose Studio Card
- "Hugs to You" Wild Rose Studio Card
- Snazzy 40th Birthday Card
- Father's Day 'Don't Stop Digging'
- Shrink Plastic Ducklings Card
- Glittered Flowers Card
- Train Birthday Card
- A Luxury Laura Ashley Card for Mum
- Unique Decorated Wedding Favour Boxes
- Ribbon Rosebud Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift Box
- Pink Butterfly Wedding Invitation, Place Card and Gift or Favour Box
- Pyramid Decoupage Card
- You're Always There For Me
- Twinkling Fairy Cards
- Cat Birthday Card
- Rosebud Wedding Invitation
- Script Rosebud Wedding Invitation and Place Card