Card and Paper
When it comes to choosing card and paper supplies for your scrapbooking and card making projects, it can be difficult knowing where to start. With so many different sizes of card and paper available, we thought we'd try and help by giving you a quick reference to guide you through your selection process. Check below for our full range of card and paper supplies.
Paper sizes can be pretty confusing. Though the 'A' system is organised in a logical way (A1 is bigger than A2, A2 is bigger than A3, etc), it can be tricky to remember which size is smaller than which. Just remember - the bigger the number, the smaller the paper. Let's look at the dimensions of the most popular sizes (shown in metric and inches):
- A1 (841 x 594mm/33.1" x 23.4")
- A2 (594 x 420mm/23.4" x 16.5")
- A3 (420 x 297mm/16.5" x 11.7")
- A4 (297 x 210 mm/11.7" x 8.3")
- A5 (210 x 148mm/8.3" x 5.8")
- A6 (148 x 105mm/5.8" x 4.1")
- A7 (105 x 74mm/4.1" x 2.9")
Starting from A1 (the biggest), the sizes go down as if you have folded the previous sheet of paper in half.
Once you determine the paper size needed for your project you are ready to browse the many different ranges Handy Hippo has to offer.
- Centural Pearl Card and Paper - A4 card and paper and different sized envelopes with a pearlescent finish and a rainbow of different colours.
- Mirror & Mylar - Mirrored and mylar card to help your cards and layouts come to life.
- Mulberry Paper - A textured paper with strands of fibre embedded throughout. The paper tears when wet, giving an attractive feathered edge.
- Paper Pads & Packs - These money saving packs include complete coordinating sets of backing papers that work together. Just pick a theme and off you go!
- Plain Card & Paper - Packs of plain coloured card and paper suitable for a wide range of craft projects. A crafting essential.
- Polka Dot A4 Card - A selection of dotted pattern 240gsm card in A4 size and a variety of different colours.
- Special Use Card & Papers - Card and paper for specific uses, including printable, acetate, crest, and watercolour to name a few.
- Textured Cardstock ﾖ Every colour of the rainbow measuring 12ﾔ x 12ﾔ with a canvas texture in either a matte or pearlescent finish.