Storage & Organisation
Do you ever feel limited in your craft abilities because it takes so much time to find all the bits & bobs to create a project? Well, if you have ever taken a class in card making or scrapbooking, a good instructor will tell you that organisation is necessitous.
Here are some great tips to aid you with craft organisation:
- Have a designated space in your home for keeping all of your supplies and materials. If you are a stay-at-home mum, consider an area in the playroom so you can keep watch of your child(ren) as you work. This will this will keep both of you busy.
- Be sure your craft space is well-lighted.
- If space is a premium in your home, consider turning a closet into a craft closet. When you are not crafting, you will have a place to keep things organized and tucked away.
- Try to organise by hobby, eg. paper crafting, needlework, painting, etc. – keep things separated. Having different shelves, drawers or colour-coded containers will help keep your different supplies confined to their assigned areas. For those supplies that can be used with every project, like scissors, adhesives or rulers, house these items so they are easy to access close to your workspace.
- Utilise every inch of the available workspace! This can include walls, under tables and even overhead. There are so many creative way to maximise even the smallest amount of space for storing your craft supplies.
- Finally, if you enjoy crops and crafting get-togethers, flexibility and mobility with your storage is important. Consider wheelable and handled totes for easy portability.
To aid you with organization, Handy Hippo presents a variety of storage solutions in our Storage & Organization category. From storing paper to ribbon, to dies, to tools and fabric, we offer smart products that are both practical and stylish.